Tabora zone was established on 1972 saving Tabora, Kigoma and Singida regions, in 2007 Singida shifted to Dodoma zone after its establishment. Recently Tabora saves two regions Tabora and Kigoma.In financial year 2013/2014 it was transformed into Strategic Business Unit (SBU). There are a number of drivers that lead MSD to transform Dar es Salaam zone to Strategic Business Unit (SBU). These include; Health sector reform, Vertical program logistical integration, Direct Delivery (DD) system, increasingly competitive market, growth of MSD in terms of facility needs and branching out and the urge to achieve an optimal match between strategy and structure. Dodoma Zone has total number of 22 employees including; Warehouses, Pharmacies, Accounts, Sales, Customer Services specialists as well as Drivers.
- Two regional hospitals - RMO TABORA and RMO KIGOMA
- Five district hospitals - DMO Igunga, DMO Nzega, DMO Urambo,DMO Kasulu,DMO kibondo.
- Four CDH Hospitals - Nkinga Hospital, Kabanga Hospital,Sikonge Moravian Hospital, and Kigoma Baptist Hospital.
- 430 government primary health facilities.
- FBO Health facilities are St Ann Mission (Ipuli), Ndola Hospital, Kaliua and Anglican
- To be an accessible seller and distributor of Medicines and Medical Supplies of right quality, price, quantity and at right time offering superior services to Tabora and Kigoma regions.
- To be a center of excellence for health commodities supply chain in Tabora and Kigoma regions offering the best storage and distribution services closer to our customers.
- To improve sells and distributions of health commodities through good leadership, establishing distribution schedule, timely order fulfilment, enhance communication to customers,
- To improve service to our customers through shortens lead-time, increase stock availability, quality health commodities and stabilized working ERP System.
- In expansion of market, retain existing customers, revive dormant customers and enhance customers /stakeholders.