MSD Zones and Sales Points are the final stage in MSD distribution chain which start at MSD Central Warehouse in Dar-es-salaam. The zones are located strategically in Dar es Salaam, Mtwara, Mbeya, Iringa, Dodoma, Tabora, Mwanza, Moshi as well as two Sales Points in Tanga and Muleba. In financial year 2013/2014 MSD transformed all zones to Strategic Business Units (SBUs). There are a number of drivers that contributed to the transformation including; Health sector reform, Vertical program logistical integration, Direct Delivery (DD) system, increasingly competitive market, growth of MSD in terms of facility needs and branching out as well as urge to achieve an optimal match between strategy and structure.
Strategically MSD zones ware intended;
- To distribute medicines, medical supplies and laboratory reagents to Health facilities.
- Communicate with customers and provide information on the products availability.
- Attend customer complaints.
- Carry out market survey and advice on the rationality of MSD price catalogue for medicines and medical supplies.
- Promote sales of dormant and obsolete items and communicate new arrivals to customers.
- Provide Logistics and Support Services to customers.
- Sourcing special orders and follow up after sales services.
- Enhance compliance to delivery schedule and order fulfilment.
- Improve lead-time and reduce order-processing time.
- Ensure timely completion of transaction in the system to improve stock integrity.
- To be accessible seller and distributor of Medicines and Medical Supplies of right quality, price, quantity and at right time offering superior services to the customers.
- To improve services to our customers through shortens lead-time, increase stock availability, quality health commodities and stabilized working ERP System.
- To expand market, retain existing customers, revive dormant customers and enhance customers /stakeholders.