Mwanza zone was established on 1972, located near the Lake Victoria and Bismarck rock serving more than 1152 Health facilities in Mwanza,Simiyu, Geita, Shinyanga, Mara and Kagera region. In financial year 2013/2014 it was transformed into Strategic Business Unit (SBU). There are a number of drivers that lead MSD to transform Mwanza zone to Strategic Business Unit (SBU). These include; Health sector reform, Vertical program logistical integration, Direct Delivery (DD) system, increasingly competitive market, growth of MSD in terms of facility needs and branching out and the urge to achieve an optimal match between strategy and structure. Mwanza Zone has total number of 38 employees including; Logistics, Pharmacies, Accounts, Sales, Customer Services specialists as well as Drivers.
- One referral hospital - Bugando Hospital.
- Four regional hospitals in Mara, Mwanza, Shinyanga & Kagera hospital,
- 15 district hospitals, 11 designated district hospitals and 11 VA's.
- To be an accessible seller and distributor of Medicines and Medical Supplies of right quality, price, quantity and at right time offering superior services.
- To be a center of excellence for health commodities supply chain, offering the best storage and distribution services closer to our customers.
- To improve sells and distribution of health commodities through good leadership, establishing distribution schedule, timely order fulfilment, enhance communication.
- To improve service to our customers through shortens lead-time, increase stock availability, quality health commodities and stabilized working ERP System.
- In expansion of market, retain existing customers, revive dormant customers and enhance customers /stakeholders.
- Distribute medicines and medical supplies to Health facilities.