ISO 9001:2008 Certified
Moshi zone was established in 2000 with the objective of serving three regions Arusha, Kilimanjaro and Manyara it is located at Majengo area in Moshi along Arusha- Dar Road. In financial year 20 13/2014 it was transformed into Strategic Business Unit (SBU). There are a number of drivers that lead MSD to transform Moshi zone to Strategic Business Unit (SBU). These include; Health sector reform, Vertical program logistical integration, Direct Delivery (DD) system, increasingly competitive market, growth of MSD in terms of facility needs and branching out and the urge to achieve an optimal match between strategy and structure. Moshi Zone has total number of 29 employees including; Logistics, Pharmacies, Accounts, Sales, Customer Services specialists as well as Drivers.
- Moshi SBU serving three regions Arusha, Kilimanjaro and Manyara.
- One Specailized Hospital - Kibong'oto Hospital which is specialized in TB and Leprosy.
- Three referral Hospitals which are: K.C.M.C, Hydom Hospital, Arusha Lutheran Medical Centre.
- Three Regional Hospitals - Arusha Regional Hospital (Mount Meru Hospital), Kilimanjaro Regional Hospital (Mawenzi Hospital) and Manyara Regional Hospital.
- Nine District Hospitals - Babati Town Council (Mrara Hospital), Mbulu district hospital, Hanang District Hospital (Tumaini Hospital), Arusha DC (Oltrumet Hospital), Meru district Hospital, Monduli District hospital, Hai - District hospital, Same District Hospital and Mwanga District Hospital (Usangi Hospital).
- Nine Designated Hospitals - Machame, Karatu, Huruma, Kilema, Kibosho, Selian, Wasso, Dareda and St Joseph hospital.
- 530 Health Facilities under ILS which are Dispensaries and Health Centres.
- More than 20 Faith Based Organization (FBO) dispensaries, Health centres, and Hospitals
- To be center of excellence for health commodities supply in Moshi, offering the best storage and distribution services closer to public.
- Improve service delivery to its customers through shortens lead time , increase stock availability , quality health commodities and improve use of technology.
- Market expansion , retain existing customers, revive dormant customers and enhance customers and stakeholders.
- To improve sales and distribution items through timely order fulfilment and established distribution schedules
- Storing, distributing and selling of items to all public and approved health facilities.
- Ensure all customer inquiries and complaints are handled accurately and on time.
- Implementing direct delivery schedule, this is currently three months for primary health facilities and two months for hospitals , in order to ensure equitable service
- delivery to the health facilities throughout its regions.
- Build strong relationship, communicate with customers and provide information on commodity availability.Carry out demand forecasting , market survey and solicit
- customer orders
- To maintain appropriate stock levels to meet customer demand.
- To communicate new arrivals to customers and promote sales of dormant , obsolete and slow moving items.
- Provide logistics and technical support services to customers when needed.
- Ensure timely completion of transaction in the system to improve stock data integrity.
- Increase customer satisfaction
- Enhance financial performance
- Increase Market Share
- Improve Service Delivery
- Strengthen Stakeholders Relation
- Enhance compliance
- Improve Working Environment
- Improve Knowledge and Skills
- Improve Performance based Culture
- Improve Use of Technology