ISO 9001:2008 Certified
Mbeya zone was established on 1998 as Sales Point centre serving 2 regions Mbeya and Rukwa with almost 669 health facilities within the Regions. In the year 2000 the sales point was upgraded to Zonal office this provided the staff with more authority on dealing with their customers and ensuring operations are smooth. In the financial year 2013/2014 it was transformed into Strategic Business Unit (SBU). There are a number of drivers that lead MSD to transform Dar es Salaam zone to Strategic Business Unit (SBU). These include; Health sector reform, Vertical program logistical integration, Direct Delivery (DD) system, increasingly competitive market, growth of MSD in terms of facility needs and branching out and the urge to achieve an optimal match between strategy and structure. Mbeya Zone has total number of 26 employees including; Warehouses, Pharmacies, Accounts, Sales, Customer Services specialists as well as Drivers.
- One Referral Hospital namely Mbeya Referral Hospital
- Two Regional Hospital namely Rukwa and Mbeya
- Eight District Hospitals namely DMO Chunya, DMO Kyela, DMO Rungwe, DMO Mbarali, DMO Mbozi, DMO Ileje, DMO Mpanda, and DMO Busokelo.
- Six District Designated Hospital namely Mbalizi DDH, Isoko DDH, Namanyere DDH, Mwambani DDH, Dr.Artiman DDH and Mbozi Moravian DDH.
- Private health facilities namely Igogwe hospital, Matema Lutheran hospital, Chimala Mission, Itete Lutheran Hospital.
- Forty Seven (47) Health Centers.
- Total dispensaries is 575 that to say Katavi 54, Rukwa 185 and Mbeya 336.
- To be an accessible seller and distributor of Medicines and Medical Supplies of right quality, price, quantity and at right time offering superior services.
- To be a center of excellence for health commodities supply chain, offering the best storage and distribution services closer to our customers.
- To improve sells and distribution of health commodities through good leadership, establishing distribution schedule, timely order fulfilment, enhance communication.
- To improve service to our customers through shortens lead-time, increase stock availability, quality health commodities and stabilized working ERP System.
- In expansion of market, retain existing customers, revive dormant customers and enhance customers /stakeholders.
- Ensures the availability of approved medicines and other medical supplies to the public health facilities.
- Receives requirements of approved drugs and other medical supplies from public health facilities for Procurement Planning.
- Provides technical and professional advice and procedures relating to the management and control of pharmaceutical and medical supplies.
- Sales of pharmaceutical and other medical supplies with small margin to maintain a self-sustaining revolving fund for the operation of MSD.
- Distributes medicines and medical supplies to Health facilities in Mbeya and Rukwa.
- Communicates with customers and provide information on the products availability.
- Attends customers' complaints of the two regions and one district in time.
- Carries out market survey and advice on the rationality of MSD price catalogue for medicine and medical supplies.
- Promotes sales of dormant and obsolete items and communicate new arrivals to customers.
- Provides Logistics and Support Services to customers.
''Dedicated to Save Your Life"