ISO 9001:2008 Certified
Dodoma zone was established in 2007 as cost centre serving two regions Dodoma and Singida regions, initially these regions were served by Dar and Tabora zone respectively.In financial year 2013/2014 it was transformed into Strategic Business Unit (SBU). There are a number of drivers that lead MSD to transform Dar es Salaam zone to Strategic Business Unit (SBU). These include; Health sector reform, Vertical program logistical integration, Direct Delivery (DD) system, increasingly competitive market, growth of MSD in terms of facility needs and branching out and the urge to achieve an optimal match between strategy and structure. Currently, Dodoma Zone has total number of 22 employees including; Logistics, Pharmacies, Accounts, Sales, Customer Services specialists as well as Drivers.
Dodoma SBU serves a total number of 526 health facilities including two (2) regional referral hospitals, one (1) special hospital, 13 District Hospitals, 13 mission hospitals, two (2) designated
district hospital, 15 Government institutions health facilities, 495 health centers and dispensaries.
- To be an accessible seller and distributor of Medicines and Medical Supplies of right quality, price, quantity and at right time offering superior services to Dodoma and Singida regions as well as Kiteto District habitants.
- To be a center of excellence for health commodities supply chain in Dodoma and Singida regions together with Kiteto District offering the best storage and distribution services closer to our customers.
- To improve sells and distribution of health commodities through good leadership, establishing distribution schedule, timely order fulfilment, enhance communication to our Dodoma Singida regions and Kiteto District customers with skilled and motivated staff.
- To improve service to our customers through shortens lead-time, increase stock availability, quality health commodities and stabilized working ERP System.
- In expansion of market, retain existing customers, revive dormant customers and enhance customers /stakeholders.
- Distribute medicines and medical supplies to Health facilities in Dodoma and Singida regions as well as Kiteto District .
- Communicate with customers and provide information on the products availability.
- Attend customers complaints of the two regions and one district in time.
- Carry out market survey and advise on the rationality of MSD price catalogue for medicine and medical supplies.
- Promote sales of dormant and obsolete items and communicate new arrivals to customers.
- Provide Logistics and Support Services to customers.
- Sourcing special orders and follow up after sales services.
- Enhance compliance to delivery schedule and order fulfilment.
- Improve lead time and reduce order processing time.
- Ensure timely completion of transaction in the system to improve stock integrity.
- Improve Customer Satisfaction
- Enhance Financial Position
- Reduce Costs
- Increase Sales Revenue and Market Share
- Improve Service Delivery
- Enhance Compliance
- Improve Customer Service
- Improve Use of Technology
- Improve Employees Welfare
- Strengthen Staff Motivation
''Dedicated to Save Your Life"